Today we have prepared an excerpt from a conversation with a tattoo model, personal trainer, nutritionist (ISSA, USA) and information producer - Yaroslava Naumenko.
How old is the first tattoo?
- It has long been covered. There was a ridiculous ugly dragon from the catalog, made at the age of 17 by a weak artist. But then there were no others. Twenty years ago.
How many tattoos are on your body? Are there any projects, sketches that will be implemented?
- I do not count them. They pass into each other. Hands, back, neck, chest, began work on the hips and legs. Buttocks, ribs, solar plexus will be tattooed. This is a work plan for the next two years.
If the picture doesn’t like, will you delete or cover-up with another?
- I'll delete it with a laser - I'm patient, and I know that you just need to go to the procedure once a month, wait for the skin to heal and do it again. Over a year, metabolism will almost delete the tattoo; it will turn pale and almost disappear. I know people who almost no longer had her tattoo. But it’s 10 sessions. I’m already covering well removed tattoo, I don’t like to make more black over black.
Do you believe that tattoos are amulets?
- Yes, my tattoos are created by a witch artist, she says that from the evil eye. And there is such a feeling, really, as if I were covered.
How are plots for tattoos born?
- There is a kind of internal tension - that I want to colorize this place. The image of the future tattoo is blurry at first, it appears in several days. I write to the artist Polina Medvedeva (Novosibirsk): «Let's do this and this?» And she responds: «Yes, I just wanted to do this!» And draws. She makes completely all the sketches, she is an artist, she has her own style. We are on the same wave: the characters from her head seem dear to me. I never make edits, I like everything by default.
Is it happens that sometimes a beautiful picture of a tattoo is just a beautiful picture and nothing more?
- I do not multiply entities unnecessarily and do not believe that only something important and significant is to be captured on the body. I just love color, flowers, spikes, lace. Well, I made tattoos with my cats too.
Do you like the attention to the tattoo?
- I like the attention, yes, our culture of perceiving a tattoo as a work of art is actively developing, and I hear compliments even from people who are far from complex tattoos, for example, we regularly chat about tattoos with a seller in a bakery or with a girl who gives me parcels in the mail. I try to be friendly - like a tattoo ambassador who popularizes the successful image of its owner (we have not been marginalized for a long time, we have many tattooed policemen, businessmen, surgeons, and not just musicians and tattoo artists themselves).
What do you transmit to the world through the images on your body?
- They give me a clear sense of self. And thin armor, which is always with me. It`s Magic.
What about pain?
- Pain is not part of the process. No pain. With my low pain threshold, I do not share this old-school approach with self-torture and gritted teeth. And my moaning would simply hinder the artist from working if I jerk and sit in a state of nervous breakdown. That’s why there’s always with me a bag with an excellent «pain relief»: some are applied previously, some are already used during the tattooing process.
Ever wondered what your tattoos will look like in the future?
- The commonplace fears that the outline will crawl, the colors will fade, and the image will sag over the years is not about me. Nothing will be bad anywhere if the artist has a good machine, high-quality needles, modern inks and, most importantly, a hand is set and he does not hit to the deeper layers of the skin. Only too deeply injected pigment is spilling, but this is now being solved - the tattoo is already removing quite well, I have almost completely «deleted» one of them, in a few sessions within a year it has become practically non-existent.
Modern black pigments do not turn blue, do not turn green out of place, colored ones retain their adequate color and brightness, especially if you hide behind a shirt in the summer. By the way, yes, tattoos oblige you to dress differently, no neckline put on public display, I close the neck and the fingers. And hat on the top. It is photoaging that makes us old and changes the color of the tattoo.
Well, as for sagging. Now we already see many examples when beautiful men and women even after 50-60 look sexy with tattoos, muscles and nice faces
Openwork lace along the contour of the lower jaw is a responsibility. To preserve the beauty of such a figure and body, you need knowledge and considerable investments, special care and lifestyle. This was a serious step, I understood that with this circuit I no longer have the right to make a mistake: and if you need plastic to hold it, there will be plastic. Need jaw angles - there will be jaw angles. After all, the picture also needs to be stored in certain conditions, so as not to spoil the canvas. But with tattoos - the same thing. Well, my diet is very special, I am a nutritionist and I know what foods are needed so that the skin remains perfect and does not hang: butter, lard, fatty fish, avocados and some walnuts. I recomend it to all!