Interview. Stella Rius - bright wave of freedom
The artist's paintings are the reflection of his soul. So today we want to present an interview with Stella Rius, a talented artist from Moscow (Russia), whose works are full of bright colors, positive and fantastic stories.
Stella makes tattoos in her author's style, she does painting, makes exclusive souvenirs and accessories, participates in international tattoo conventions. It was really difficult to get this interview, but we did it! And we tried to learn as much as possible about Stella herself and her creativity in all its manifestations.
Hello, Stella! We so long want to do this interview and finally it happened :) First of all, tell us about yourself, how did you come into the tattoo and what did you do before it?
- Hello. I'll try to briefly tell my story, but I do not promise) So, I draw from early childhood. This always been my favorite pastime after dancing, singing, music. Drawing helps me to travel out from this reality. Not that I do not like reality, just my fantasy world much more interesting for me. I graduated from the children's art school in Anapa. I was won various prizes in the local contests. I remember that the teacher singled me out of the group and insisted that I must be given further study and development in the artistic direction. But I also studied good in a regular school, and I was also interested in intellectual pursuits. My parents advised me to do something more serious, prestigious and practical in life. In adolescence, the parents' opinion on "these adult affairs" was authoritative for me and I entered the law school in the Russian Academy of Justice in Krasnodar. Doubts about the correctness of the chosen path were born in the second year. And on the 3rd, I finally realized that jurisprudence is not interesting to me at all. But I finished university, cause how to throw the begun! Now of course I understand that you should not be afraid to leave classes that you are not liking. We have only one life, and you should doing only what things that you really like! And then came the time when I had to think seriously about life. I was frightened not so much by the jurisprudence itself, but by the forthcoming way of life, if I'll be a lawyer. I love freedom. Only the thought of dependence on the authorities, of the compulsion to constantly solve someone's problems, makes me felt bad. I did not know what exactly I must doing and began to search for my own way. It turned out that I like so many things, but not the laws of the Russian Federation)) I needed to remember who I am and what I love. In childhood, my mother and I often sculpted from ordinary clay and plasticine, and this hobby fascinated me. And in one day the wonderful thing came to me - polymer clay. I am very love the exclusive jewelry. I started making my hand-made accessories, different animals, flowers and tasty ones and selling them on the Internet, and it turned out that my creations are in demand. Thus, I earned my living for two years. In parallel, I always invented something, I drew, decorated, I learned graphic programs and drawing on a tablet during this period, I studied the basics of design. In general, I got artistic self-education in every possible way. Well, a little later the tattoo came into my life. And the first customers were girls, who previously ordered my pendants, earrings and rings )
Do you remember the very first customer? What did you feel when you did your first tattoo?
- When I received the first message about the desire to make a tattoo from me, I was very worried. Several nights before the session I could not fall asleep. And on the crucial day, I trembled so much until the moment when I took tattoo-machine in my hands and started tattooing. Surprisingly, at that moment calmness and confidence in what I was doing came to me. I was so carried away by the process that I did not notice how much time had passed. Although it was only a small rose on a wrist. It turned out thinly, smoothly and accurately. I was happy, the girl (customer) too. I did not look for a drawing on the Internet and drew the sketch myself. Till now I always drawing sketches for tattoo myself, otherwise I'm just not interested.
We are well acquainted with your creativity and in particular the author's style of tattoo. it's amazing! Tell us more about it. Where do you get inspiration and what do you want to tell the world by your works?
- Thank you) Of course, when I was studied tattooing, I tried different styles and thechiques to understand what is close to me. But I always drew or redrawn the sketches in my own way. I immediately realized that realism and black tattoos - it's boring for me. I liked a lot of things. But even more attracted the idea of inventing something of my own, unique - to create a unique style. And also I wanted to fill my creativity by a special mood, add more colors and feelings of joy in the gray routine, transfer my worldview into the outer space. I knew that my people would find me. And so it happened, and I'm unspeakably happy about it. Mostly people come to me with whom I am pleased to work. We are on the same wave. Often I hear that my tattoos help to make the life of their owners happier. This is the biggest reward for me. My style is constantly evolving and transforming, becoming more complex. It is a mix of inspiring images, moods, textures and patterns. I like motley ethnicity, exoticism, forest, sea, flora and fauna, smooth lines, bright and pure colors. I can not live without nature and travel. Every year I try to live a minimum for a month in forest, in mountains. Only there I get the most powerful energy. I also get a lot of inspiration from people themselves, their lives and destinies. To all of the above, I'm a practicing astrologer. The love of mental labor has not disappeared over the years) Earth's laws have learned, and now is the time of interesting cosmic laws) The astrology science inseparably going with my life for 5 years already. This is an invisible, but no less significant aspect of my activity. It helps me to understand myself and others. And often my costumers in addition to tattoo, get also an astrological analysis from me)
Did you think about connecting tattooing with astrology?
- So already done! The fact is that this is a very interesting and profound topic. At a minimum, the choice of image, area and colors of tattoo design can be based on a person's personality, unique characteristics in a horoscope. Having built a natal chart, I can see important aspects of life, talents, abilities and inclinations. Often in a tattoo, people want to depict what they lack, thereby balancing energy, come to equilibrium. In general, this all in a nutshell can not be describe)
Well, now we will definitely return to this topic after a while and will ask you about it, cause this is a completely unique concept! We know about your transfer tattoos and wooden badges. Tell us more about this area of your activity and your plans. What can we expect in the near future?
- As I said before, I very love all kind of decorations. I have an online store on my website, where I sell various souvenirs with my designs. Badges, puzzles, prints, etc. And of course, I have temporary tattoos! It's a great option to try my drawing on the body for people who are only going to make a real tattoo. And for those who already have tattoos - also fun. In my plans to develop this area further and further, including Issue new thematic collections. Also, I have been interested in clothes for a long time, but while I'm still thinking, I'm waiting for the moment, not all at once)
In the recent years, the tattoo in all of the world and in particular in Russia is experiencing an unbelievable rise. Really, a sufficiently closed community have become so popular that now everyone talking about tattoo. And of course this is influenced on the number of new young tattooers. How do you think is the course of developing the modern tattoo right? And what advice could you give to the novice masters?
- To be not only tattoo masters, but also tattoo artists. And first of all, answer yourself honestly to the question: "am I ready to bring something new to the development of tattoo culture?" If so, go ahead !!! Seekers and creators are engines. It's always interesting. Draw more, learn, develop, learn, practice. There are no boundaries for perfection. Do not be lazy) Inspire! And do not forget to rest) But, if you just like to be in a trend, just to call yourself a tattoo artist among friends, and, even maybe good and smooth, but only copied - then think again. There are many such craftsmens already, and your the true calling is maybe in quite another.
Stella, thank you for such an interesting and detailed story. From myself I wish you endless inspiration and conquer new creative heights!
- Thank you :)