Modern tattooing is not just a visual art. This is a real industry that gives people complete freedom of expression, whether it be tattooing, photography, fashion design and much more.
The charming heroine of our article today - Alena Awa, for example, successfully combines tattoo and modeling career in her life.
For more than 6 years, the girl has been developing as an artist of the Neo traditional tattoo interspersing elements of ornamentalism in her sketches.
This technique not only «refreshes» the Neo Traditional tattoo, but also gives the very unique recognizable element that allows the viewer to accurately determine the work of the artist among thousands of others.
When did you start tattooing?
- I started tattooing in 2013, but I have been painting since I was 6 years old, that is, from 1998...
I always dreamed about a creative profession and tried a lot of things, for example, I was a furniture designer and managed to do a little work in airbrushing in the interior. I really wanted to try my hand at airbrushing on cars, but circumstances developed against me in all these directions.
But when it occurred to me to become a tattoo artist, then everything happened the other way around. The Universe in every possible way helped me, literally from all sides!
So I realized that this is clearly mine!
Why did you decide to work in a traditional and Neo Traditional styles?
- For a very long time I could not find my only style, because I always liked several styles at the same time.
And the realism turned out well, and the graphics are very stylish - it always attracted my opinion, and of course neotra...
For a very long time I was torn and did not know where to move, and then I just freaked out and decided to combine my favorite neotrad with mandalas and voila!
I always preferred tattoos with lines, because they are much more durable.
Where do you work now?
- Almost all my professional career passed in Tula, but having rested there against my ceiling, I realized that I urgently needed to go to a bigger city.
In small towns, development is critically slow, and when I finally got tired of stagnating, I decided to move to Moscow.
Actually now I work in Moscow, but periodically I leave for Tula to finish my projects already begun.
And when did you start modeling career?
- I took up a modeling career a little later than a tattoo. It was a very sudden decision, but there was so much determination and motivation that I broke into this business very quickly!
For a while I was in Moscow at a modeling agency, received orders and starred in videos or for advertising, and now it's more like just a hobby...
What attracts you in tattooing?
- I have been a creative person all my life, so I have never seen myself without a brush (tattoo machine) in my hands. Plus, I have always been a kind of «rebel», since childhood I loved to experiment with appearance. Even in thу summer camp at the age of 12, I painted tattoos for all of my friends with a helium pen. Even then there was a whole queue to me!
Tell me about your creative plans. Are you preparing any interesting projects?
- I really want to make temporary tattoos, but this project is still in a long development.
Also now I started painting gypsum skulls, it turns out very unusual.